Saturday, March 28, 2009

polly p.

On a river of sighs
A doe came to watch me-a flimsy disguise
Covered the devil
Who sang from a song-sheet of how modern life should war

In his choirboys attire
He sang me the life to which good girls aspire
Where men in white coats give us pills to tame the horses that stamp on our floor
And pills for when the horses have bolted out the door

So the devil sings higher,
"Oh, just look at what you're doing,"
He's joined by a choir
Of doctors and statesmen
Who plan their sorry lives 'til the last day's end

But look at all the happy things that happen by accident


***


I think this song will forever be the mantra of my life.
It seems like no matter where my heart is, God always finds a way of reminding me how perfectly he can take the ugliest things and make them into something much more beautiful and bigger than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment